Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I've been celebrating all week ... it's my birthday month and this past week was the actual birthday week. I did a lot of sketching and looking but no major work completed. However, I did get one started and I thought some of you who pop in to see what I'm doing might be interested in seeing my process.... so I've posted the start. This will eventually become a poured watercolor piece but there are many decisions yet to be made before I start the actual painting. The drawing is approximately 7 x 7 in my sketchbook. I'm working out the values. Once that is complete I'll determine the colors I'm going to use and the size the actual piece might be. One thing I know already, the door will stay blue though it may not be that blue. It was the blue door that got my attention first so I plan to keep it. The painting may be the same size as the sketch but not necessarily. I've also posted the photo I'm working from so you'll have an idea where I'm going...

4 comments:

Judybec said...

This is so good for me to see you planning a painting! It's something I know I need to do --but I never seem to get there. I'm seeing that values are so important too. Looks good so far!

Cathy Gatland said...

Look forward to seeing this as it develops, Helen - like Judybec, I'll benefit from watching your methodical, thoughtful process!

Joan said...

Helen - I like the sketch and the original photo. I'll be back to see how this goes. Thanks for posting your steps.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thank you all... I'm about to post the next step.