Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pouring, another step in my process

This is the tedious part.  It's not so much when I'm doing something with only a few shapes but when I get several as there are in this church it's tedious.  I've transfered the traced image to the watercolor paper; however, when you trace something using the 6 to 8B pencil there is a lot of graphite and it is sitting on top of the paper... one wash and you have graphite mixed with the paint and you've lost the image.   So I go over the lines carefull with a harder pencil then, using a kneaded eraser, I push down with the eraser lifting the loose graphite.  Once all this is done I'll be ready to do my first pour since I've decided I don't want any white.  Since this is laborious and I'm ADD, I have another one going at the same time...  not so many shapes in this one...

2 comments:

Joan said...

Helen - Now that I'm really into pours I'm anxious to see what you do with yours. I had to keep redoing my lines as I poured. The lines kept disappearing. I posted the other one I did on my blog today.

Dean H. said...

You do such CREATIVE work here!
I realize it wasn't that long ago, but I have just nominated you for another award. Please check out my blog for details if you wise to participate.