Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Monoprint and An Exhibit

Last week was lost.  I was busy framing and delivering paintings along with being nervous as I always am when I'm part of an exhibit.  To top it off this time I had to give a brief talk and that is something I really would rather not do.  But the week went, the opening went well.  I was one of four artists in the exhibit.  Another friend, Jackie Bonomo, was another of the artists.  Jackie and I go back to Junior High School, and this was her first show.  A couple other of our school buddies came over for the opening.  Here we all are, Jackie is in red, I'm in pink.  The next photo is me with the biggest piece I had in the exhibit.

Jackie and Helen's Art Show 003 Helen at opening

A couple weeks back I took a one day workshop in monoprinting.  It was fun and I learned a lot though my print left something to be desired.  Before going to the workshop I biked to the Farmers Market.  There were some wonderfully colorful sweet peppers so I took them along.  Here is the result.

pepper print

This week I'm working on clearing the clutter I left behind last week.   But not before heading in to Grand Rapids to see the 10 finalists in Art Prize.  A friend, Michael Westra, is one of the top 10 and I am so proud of him.  His piece truly is spectacular.  Here's a link, you can see the entry.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love the monoprint! Very cool. I hope you plan to do more.