Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Halloween & More Sun, Moon, Stars


This is the start of my Halloween decorating, it will hold the glowstick bracelets we give out.  I think I'll put a black cloth on the table; no idea yet what else will be there but it's a start.  the crow is one I made with another idea in mind.  He was sitting unfinished in my studio, he still needed legs.  I saw him and one of those AHA moments came... went out and bought a pail, sprayed it black and attached the crow.

I also did a bit more stitching on the Sun, Moon and Stars project...

The top three stars I was lucky enough to be able to buy from Jude Hill (Spirit Cloth.)  Things in her store go as quickly as she puts them there.  I have 9 of these little stars but I don't want to use them all in the same piece.  The rest are mine.  Harvest moon and the sun are appliqued as is the little boat.  

For the boat I was thinking Winkin' Blinkin' and Nod; however, they aren't in a wooden shoe. 

And I this is our little guy, I got there just as the photographer was about to snap his photo for the team pictures so I was able to get a shot too. 

2 comments:

jude said...

love the stars chained together. I love threes. So nice to see them travel all the way over to you.

Joan Tavolott said...

You are so creative!!! Love the idea of the setup with the crow. Lucky kids!