Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Wine, My Dailies And A New Technique

Last night was the annual Wine About Winter event here in Grand Haven, always a fun event with lots of wine tasting spots and lots of art.  I was at the Coast Guard Festival Office where Mike Smith and his crew put on an elaborate spread.  Thank you Mike for having my art at your venue.  I enjoyed the evening.

Getting ready for the event meant I didn't get my daily posted.  I did get it done, just not posted so today I'll post two.  Having seen some acrylic pours at a recent Gallery Uptown exhibit I decided to give it a try.  I've poured acrylic skins so I had a bit of vague idea of how it was done.  This was my first try.

Today's was a little watercolor because I'm putting Christmas away and took a short break with my watercolors and a pinecone wreath that my sister-in-law did many years ago.  Actually, she did it for my husband before we were married, we'll celebrate 42 years this year.  I still use it as part of a centerpiece on our dining room table every Christmas.
Tomorrow I'll probably do a few more pours.  It's messy but fun and now I've watched a few videos and learned a bit more about how it's done.

No comments: