Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

More Pours And A Value Study

I've been doing the Daily Paintworks though some days I don't get it done until just before going to bed so it doesn't get posted every day.  These are the three recent additions.


 
Pouring acrylic is so totally different than the watercolor pours that I have done in the past but haven't done in a very long time.  Over at wetcanvas for the weekend drawing event there was a scene that I thought might be a candidate for one of those watercolor pours.  This will not be a daily, the process is a slow one, lots of drying time in between pours.
 
The first step is the value study.  Here's the finished value study and the image I'm working from..
If you haven't seen one of my poured paintings here's one that was on display at the Coast Guard Festival Office for Wine About Winter

 

 

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

Love the texture and movement in the acrylic pours!