Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Finally Finished

It took me 6 years but it was worth it.  No, I didn't work on it regularly, in fact I believe there was actually a year when I didn't work on it at all.  I had it done once, decided it was too small so put it away for a very long time. The idea of more blocks didn't appeal.  This is my 2nd quilt.  I made the first one 40 years ago.  Decided then it wasn't my thing, too many rules and too many exact measurements so the blocks go together.

 
Finally I decided I didn't need to do blocks, I could do whatever I wanted.  After all it is my quilt.  So I took it apart and started over and I love the result.  Once done it had to be quilted, that was going to be another problem, who or how?  Enter my friends Betty Boyink Roberts who owns a long arm and Beth Hwacinski who wanted to learn how to use Betty's long arm. 

Beth used my quilt to practice.  I don't think she needs anymore practice.  Here are some examples of what she did. 

Coffee and books (we read a lot)

A hat, there are more, I do love hats
 
Another love, oars from an old rowboat

No need to explain this one.
 
I haven't done much painting this week, binding this to finish it took much of my time.  And I may think about making another quilt one of these days.
 
And the flu hit our grandson so we had him for a couple days.  He's well now and rested.

3 comments:

Beth said...

What a stunning piece!

susan hemann said...

such a beautiful quilt, glad you finished! I have a quilt I made 8 years ago, all it needs is the binding, you are not alone

Unknown said...

Wow! 💖