Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

Wondering Where I'm Going?

I was doing acrylic pours and must confess they are fun to do; however, not something I want to do as my primary art form.  I've also been playing a lot in my grunge journal, practicing faces for no particular reason, just good to practice.  This is the latest....
It's my great-grandfather, Sylvanus T. Percy.  I recently had my DNA done by Ancestry and have been having fun finding more about my family history.  Of course, I knew about Sylvanus but there are so many other branches of the family tree to find... what an adventure.  This is another person on my paternal grandmother's side of the family.

I'm back to the 1400's and not sure where she fits but I think she'll be fun to draw so she will be the next entry in my Grunge Journal.  Looks to me like she may take me awhile to finish.

So what does this have to do with wondering where I'm going?  I've committed to Daily Paintworks and it's costing me money (which is the reason I signed up.) If I have to pay for it I am committed.  So far I've done some acrylic pours and some watercolor sketches but neither of those grab me on a daily basis.  So this month I plan to play... a lot... with several different things... two of the top of my head are 5 minute paintings and 10 minute collage.  Another possibility, Gelli Plate prints. They will all be small and may or may not be for sale.  Hopefully but the end of February I will come up with something that I want to stick with for awhile.  We shall see.

Oh, and some good news.  I entered two pieces in the Winter Arts Festival at the Gallery Uptown and both of them were accepted.  This is one and I just realized I haven't gotten a photo of the second one yet.  I'll have to do that sometime soon.

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Always great to see what you are working on, Helen.

sandymeyerart said...

So very nice to see the new/old direction. Every artist needs to spend at least 10 minutes each day drawing.Drawing is also the best way to tackle an artist's block.