Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Catching Up

I am working at collage most days but every now and then something pops up that gets me going in another direction.  Such was the case a couple weeks ago when my wetcanvas.com friend Kay posted an old fella that I just had to draw.  I got out my grunge journal and here he is....
I realized when I did him that I was at the end of that journal so I've started getting another one ready.  I do have one done that is a larger size but I don't like it as well as this size so I'm back to gluing pages together and gessoing.

I'm also beginning to think about Christmas.  I usually make a new holiday table runner but so far haven't been inspired to do that.  I did start working on a new centerpiece though.  A small scene... home, trees, potting shed.... snow.  Nothing firm yet, still in the thinking stages.

And thinking about 2019... new word, new goals, look back at old goals and see what I got done and what I no longer care about doing.  Something I haven't done in many years is a Vision Board, I was in my studio on Lake Avenue when I last did one and that was several years back... my 40 year old son was still in college back then, in undergraduate school.  I've begun tearing images out of magazines... not all will make it to the board but it's a start.

I've also done a few more of my 4x4 collages... here's another one...

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

I love your sketch of the gentleman...it has such feeling to it. It seems like time is flying by. I am doing a few fairs before Christmas so I have been doing alcohol ink tiles and ornaments...and am surrounded by them. lol I've been forced into the holiday spirit.