Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

And Some Sketching

This is a first in a very long time.  There was a time when I wouldn't miss the weekend drawing event over at wetcanvas.  I'm not sure why I haven't been there lately, just busy doing other things I guess.  This weekend I played around with three of the images our host, Mick Beckett posted.

This first one was a lot of experimenting with watercolor, gesso, acrylic glaze and walnut ink.  What I was trying for didn't work but I had fun playing anyway.

That little tomato in the upper right corner was done this weekend.  The rest of this page is from 2017.  I've been sorting and getting rid of some things.  In the process I'm finding old sketchbooks that still have room for more sketching in them.

This last one was another of those...."I wonder if I can do …. with …." Among other things I found while sorting, the Walnut ink used on the giraffe and an old fountain pen.  This is done in my black and white journal but I think the Walnut ink is close enough to black.  I'm pleased with how this one came out.  

I like all of them but for different reasons.  I also liked spending the day playing with images one of my friends over on wetcanvas posted.

No comments: