Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thinking February

Which makes me think of Valentine's Day so I have done a few in my collage sketchbook.  It started with one I did for my spouse but I don't know where I put that one. It wasn't in the sketchbook. I will remember before Valentine's Day.... I hope.  If not I'll have to make a card from one of the sketch book collages.  

The collage journal and a couple sketches is all I did in the way of art making this month,  I've been concentrating on rearranging my studio.  I'll post the rest of the hearts at the end of this post.  So if you just want to see the art you can skip on down and have a look.

This year instead of a long range goal I am doing weekly goals.  That worked well for this month; I concentrated on a different area of the studio every week except this last week.  I'll get to this last week later. 

Several things that I only use maybe once or twice a year got moved to the basement storage area.  Other things moved out completely, some donated, some to friends and some to the trash or recycle center.  There are still some areas that need rearranging but for the most part I have space to work.  

This last week aside from the hearts I didn't get much done.  My spouse is still sick, sicker than I've seen him in the almost 50 years I've known him.  And so I have been a nurse and let me tell you, there is a reason I didn't consider nursing when I was in college.  I am not a good nurse!  However, he is not a complainer and he knows nursing isn't my thing so we are coping.  I've also been shoveling snow because he isn't able. That I am pretty capable of doing.  Fortunately our son is a teacher and has been off school so he and our grandson have been over helping with the shoveling   

I am hopeful that next week brings fewer snowflakes and a husband that is feeling better so I can get into the studio and get to work on some major art making.  I have to get ready for a show in March.

And here are the rest of the hearts....




I think I need to give this little guy a heart.

1 comment:

sandymeyerart said...

Liz, your compositions are very good. Abstract designing is another jewel in your crown.