Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Something Different and Dolls?

I didn't post last week because what I wanted to share is new work and it was for a new exhibit at the Gallery Uptown.  These are some new pieces that are in the March Music Exhibit in the Walburg Section of the gallery.


There's one more but evidently I forgot to photograph it.

So now I'm taking a short break from  painting and playing with dolls.  I didn't play with dolls as a girl.  I remember a doll house but no dolls.  When my youngest cousin Melissa was little and had a Barbie I made cloths for her Barbie.  I was a young married and she was 5.

That was the extent of my doll playing until a couple friends invited me to join an art doll collaborative a few years back.  Both of those friends have since died; however, I got the bug and it became my hobby, still art but different.  Elzabeth was the first one... that collaborative doll and all I can take credit for is the head, hair and body.  Everything else is done by other artists.  What a fun project that was and what interesting dolls everyone came up with.  I wish I had the photo handy to post.  I do have mine and here she is....
Now I'm working on a pattern that I got over at Doll Street Dreamers.  Her name is Abundance and she's been in process for some time.  I only work on dolls when I need to take a break from everything else... I'm having trouble with her head.  I have made three, this is the last one and I didn't like the color once I had her features in so gesso covered everything but the mouth.  I will start again. I do love her coat and I'm working on a 2nd coat.  I have no idea when I will finish her but I'll post when I do.
And here are a few others that I've made since I started this journey.



1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

You always have such interesting and different projects. I like the dolls and their clothing is so great!