Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

New Works In Process

 


It's been awhile since I started some new work.  These two are 8x8" and totally different from the way I normally start new work.  My normal starts on mixed media pieces are some collage papers and mark making, no color, just black and white or cream.  I decided I needed some color so -- these are the starts. 

I'm seeing flowers right off but I want to live with these for a bit before deciding on the next layer.

Meanwhile, the paper that I cover my table with when I'm working got replaced when I started these.  The old paper is too good to throw away but has a lot of interesting stuff on it. Spilled paint, testing a color, trying a stamp and over spraying are just a few of the marks.  I use it to make envelope journals.  On sheet makes two journals.  So far I've only finished one with this sheet.

Closed it can fit nicely in my purse or in a travel bag.  And below you see its contents.  A few pages for notes or sketching and some papers to use for collage or the pockets can hold ephemera that I pick up when traveling.  I got the inspiration from Robyn McClendon.  These also make nice little gifts for artist friends.



It's also a way to get rid of some of the many scraps of paper I have cluttering up my space.


No comments: