Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

More Art Journaling and Feathers


I'm trying a different sketchbook for the feathers.  This one was first sketched with a faux quill pen that I made out of one of my feathers.  I got the idea for making the pen from Robyn McClendon.  She did some gelli printing on her feather to fancy it up.  I just used feathers I had in the condition they were currently in which is stiff with paint.  I sometimes use feathers to move paint around on a substrate, they get messy.  I can't find the tutorial or I'd add a link but here are the two I made.  I think you can easily see what I did with a feather, a bit of really good glue and a couple Speedball pen nibs.


And there is the Art Journal, I worked on another spread doing a little each day.  

Why this
                                    

four days later ended up like this

I have no clue but it was kind of fun not knowing where it was going.

I've also continued my walks and it has helped me to focus on things I am grateful for.  One of those is that I live in this place where there are so many different areas to walk along water.  I do love water, it feeds my soul.

The beach

Our Boardwalk along the Grand River

and a couple different areas on Harbor Island


Including a third Harbor Island spot, Linear Park


And a bonus on one of my beach walks, a Pudding Stone

My husband has wanted a Pudding Stone for a very long time but thought he'd never find one.  I'm always looking for stones when I walk the beach and was surprised when I looked down and saw one right by my foot.  It didn't look like this but it was recognizable so I picked it up and took it to Julie Sanford at JSD Design Studio for polishing.  Ed and I have been married for 46 years, 47 this spring, and together for 4 or 5 years before that.  This is the first present I've given him that he truly wanted and was thrilled to get -- a stone I found on the beach.  I know I won't be able to top it so I'm not even going to try.  But if on a beach walk I happen to find another one this one may get a mate.







 



 

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Love the sketches and photos. Your pudding stone find was wonderful! Congrats on the long marriage. We have 60 years about. Yikes.