Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Reviving An Old Practice And More Poppies

 




With warmer weather and some flowers, I revived an old practice of doing a quick watercolor and ink sketch on top of my morning journaling. Here are a couple more.




Another sketch -- poppies.  My Tuesday Painters group went to Fennville to sketch the Poppy Field this week.  What a beautiful site and a loving tribute to the son of the people who own the field.  His grave is in the cemetery next to the field.  Here is my sketch and an image of the field.



Now I'm off to a gathering of Art Tribe members to talk about our upcoming exhibit at the Gallery Uptown in July.  More on that in another post.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Helen! Love the flowers over your writing.

Jo Castillo said...

Lovely sketches added to your journals. Fun!

Joan Tavolott said...

That field of poppies is beautiful! I rarely find red poppies around here, except at my friend, Susan's garden and I missed sketching them this year.

I like the sketches with the journaling below them. Nice idea!