Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2024

I do Love Rocks and Stones

 Rocks are nature’s reminders that even the toughest 

obstacles can be overcome


Stable and vintage -- two things that draw me in.  I've been a stone collector forever and have always been drawn to cobblestone walls, houses and streets.  I've been doing a watercolor pebbles series for over a year and decided to try some different ways of painting them.  This new series is in a concertina sketchbook so when I'm done I can see the full spread.  I may or may not continue with the pebbles series using new techniques.  

That really doesn't matter.  For now I'm having fun exploring.  Here are a couple more ,,,



I've been doing the same thing with flowers in another concertina sketchbook but didn't get to many of those this week.  It's been a busy one working at the International Society of Experimental Artists (ISEA) annual symposium that was held here in Grand Haven this year.

I did get a couple florals done -- one the way I've recently been doing them in watercolor and one totally different in acrylic ...



As with the stones, I may or may not do a series of florals, doesn't matter, I'm having fun exploring.

And if you are in the Grand Haven area do check out the ISEA exhibit at Central Park Place, it will be up until the end of October.










No comments: