Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

Art Journal Fun

Day 56 and I realized that adding quotes could finish a page and it didn't matter if I liked it or not, just lots of what iffing so whatever happens is okay.  I have notebooks full of nothing but quotes so plenty of material for later spreads..   That one was Tuesday.  On Wednesday I decided to do my morning writing in my new art journal instead of the composition book I usually use.  Then I covered a lot of it up completely and glazed over other parts before finally adding some cheese cloth, thread and the quote..

On Day 58 I learned a new word, Meraki.  It's Greek and means putting your soul into whatever you are doing.  I like the word, I also liked this page just as it was... the paint on the page was the result of picking up paint from a palette so it didn't get wasted.  I added the stamp and put the word and definition in and then added the first line of one of my favorite Mary Oliver poems... "One day you finally knew what you had to do and began..."

And today's is a mix of collage, paint and words; not a quote, just my thoughts.

It's only been a few days but I've learned two things so far.... I like doing it even when I don't particularly like the end result and I don't like working with the spiral binding.  I have no idea why the spiral binding doesn't bother me when I'm doing something realistic.  That's what all of my sketchbooks are like... well almost all anyway.  But somehow it bothers me on spreads like these so this last one was just done on one page.  I have others with stitched bindings so I may make a change before moving on.


No comments: