Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Playing with Doodles and Scribbles

 

This is part of a Doodle and Scribble piece I worked on while watching a Hallmark Christmas Movie.  It is that time of year after all.  This practice started with a piece of Bristol paper that had accidently gotten a small slit in it.  It also had some scribbles on it so I decided to play a little and see if I could make something of parts of it.  This was the start.
Then I added some color.  Now you see the entire piece, including the slit.
That prompted me to try putting some ink down on a piece of 8x8" watercolor paper and, on another piece, try a color combination I don't normally use.  By movie time they were dry so with the papers, pens and pencils in hand I sat down to watch another Hallmark Christmas Movie. Here are the two 8x8" pieces that then got cut up into 4 4x4" squares.
You saw one of the smaller squares at the top of this page. Here's one from the black, grey & white piece. I see a little dog in the upper left corner of this one.  I may have to cut this even further and give it to my grandson.  He is a dog lover.


Since the original piece of Bristol paper was an odd size I haven't cut any of it up yet.  I think a piece of cut mat board will help me decide if there is anything worth saving on that piece.  







 

No comments: