Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Good Bye 2020!

 

Optimisim is the faith that leads to achievement.

Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
-Helen Keller

And I am optimistic about 2021.  It has to be better than 2020 right?  Well maybe not but I am hopeful so I am wishing a not so fond farewell to 2020 and looking forward to 2021.

Don't get me wrong -- there were some good things about 2020 and the lockdowns.  I got to spend more time in my studio and learned that there were some things I could say good bye to in there.   That left me more space to create new work and I did.

And this is one of the pieces I had time for --

I haven't done a drawing like this in a very long time.  It's something I did often when I was working in watercolor only.  Not quite this finished but close.  I was working out values so I could mask and pour paint, building up layers.  It was a long tedious process and by the time I was done I had no idea what was under all of the masking.  Sometimes it was good, sometimes not so much.  

Doing something like this to frame and show -- no, that required something a little more careful and more time consuming.  But I had that this year and the Gallery Uptown exhibit for January is New Year's Evolution V.  The challenge is to explore something new -- a new medium, a new technique, a new color palette -- whatever strikes our fancy. 

This is what struck my fancy -- new because it isn't something I don't do to exhibit, I do a lot of graphite in my grunge sketchbooks but that's only for me.  If you're in the Grand Haven area, stop in and see the exhibit.  You'll find details if you use the Gallery Uptown link above.

So this ends my posts for 2020.  I hope to be more faithful about posting in 2021.  I have learned that there are a lot of things in my life that I can do without permanently which will give me more time to focus on my own work and my faith as it relates to my work.  And Focus is my word for 2021.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments: