Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Snow and A Reminder of Home

We have snow.... lots of it.  Facebook posts by some of my friends say "Michigan Is Closed."  Not everything but a lot is closed.  Usually my dear husband does all of our shoveling.  He has a huge snow blower that does a magnificent job.  Unfortunately it is too large for me to use and he has been sick since Friday.  It has been snowing every day since Fridays so the shovel has gotten a workout..

Last night I was pretty tired from all that shoveling.  However, before going to bed I had to do one quick sketch from a photo that had been posted on the Weekend Drawing Event over on wetcanvas.com.  The photo was posted by a friend, a view from her front yard in Oklahoma.  It could have been the front yard of the house I grew up in …. had to at least get a quick sketch done...  The only thing different is the foliage in the foreground.  Otherwise that's the little bay our home was on looking out at the big bay the other side of the peninsula.  There was a log cabin on the end of that peninsula.... should have put that in my sketch,

 

Today was the worst but I live in a great neighborhood... neighbors pitched in and did the worst of it. Now I'm ready for the next blast which they say is coming tonight.

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I don't think I would be happy to be around so much snow...especially if I had to shovel it. Stay warm and safe out there. Some of that bitter cold weather is headed to us, but hopefully it won't last too long.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Joan, we're used to it here in Michigan. This cold is unusual but we've seen worse when it comes to snow.