Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2022

I Am Currently "Between Work"

For a painter "between work" means I don't know what I'm going to do next - or I have several ideas going around in my head but can't seem to settle on one.  So I dabble here and there, trying this or that, but not ready to commit.  My dear friend Terry and I call it "dusting."  



It still worries me at times, not always but there are times when I feel certain I’ve lost my way.  But after all these years of making art, I know it’s all part of the process. It just is.

And so I continue playing with nonrepresentational, and at the same time experimenting with seascape and or boatyard abstracts.  Do you see a boat or a vase in the one above. I see a boat. I’m working in sketchbooks, small ones, large ones, some concertinas, along with a few boards. I’m also going through my photo files and taking lots more photographs.

Every morning Ive been doing a 5-minute collage. For those I have a pile of scrap papers on my desk and my challenge is to use them and anything else that is within reach. This is the one I did this morning.  I post them on Instagram pretty regularly.


I trust that one of these days my muse will finally show up and point out something good in the dust and I will and suddenly have a new series is underway.

Until then, I will keep showing up and keep doing the work.

No comments: